Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ugly Matcha Cupcakes with Matcha Cream Cheese frosting!



I love all things green tea, so I went to look up for online recipes with matcha in them. (:
These cupcakes are filled with the refreshing goodness of high quality green tea leaves, and are moist inside! (Even though I kept them in the fridge overnight, heh.)

I thought that the cupcake itself wasn't sweet enough, a little on the bland side.
But with the Matcha cream cheese frosting, they taste real good.

This flavour is definitely one of my personal favourites!
And I eat them without the guilt because they are less sweet. Hahah, not as calorie-loaded as compared to others.

But I still can't do nice swirls! -frustrated-
The swirls I do are not consistent at all, they look different for every cupcake. Hahah, never mind, practice makes perfect!

Won't be coming up with new flavours so soon, I want to attempt the highly challenging macarons next.
They're my current obsession!

1 comment:

Dr.Gray said...

I dont think they look ugly. Better than I can do. Love the matcha flavor.